Exhibits | Events | Education | Rentals | Caminos
Get Involved | Advisory Board | Latino Artist Access Program (LAAP)
The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center is currently closed to the public. Please continue to check the City of Austin Closure page for updates.
Mission Statement: The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center (ESB-MACC) is dedicated to the preservation, creation, presentation, and promotion of the cultural arts of Mexican Americans and Latino cultures. Read about the history of the ESB-MACC.
The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center is currently closed to the public, but the good news is, many of our programs have moved digital! Please use this page as a guide to our digital resources, which are free to use for anyone who wants to learn more about Mexican-American and Latinx art & culture.
You'll find lesson plans, performances, presentations, online art galleries, instructional videos, and more, and this page is updated every week!
For even more access to MACC programming, remember to follow us on Facebook at @AustinESBMACC and Instagram at @ESBMACC. Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback? Please fill out our Digital Programs Survey!
DIGITAL PROGRAMS: TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Day of the Dead- Digital Festival to celebrate Dia de Muertos on Nov 1 & 2, 2020
- Viva Mexico- A Celebration of Mexican Independence and Latinx Heritage
- Desde La Sala- A Virtual Concert Series featuring Latinx Artists
- Exhibit: XX Timeline at the Crossroads XX by Diana Molina
- Spanglish Series-Interviews with Local Creatives by El Proyecto
- Latino Artist Access Program (LAAP)- Music, Dance, Theater, and much more!
- Vamonos! Produced and Presented by the Caminos Teens
- Sugar Skull Making- Video Instructions for Day of the Dead crafts
- Lesson Plan: Lowriders- All About Austin's Chicano Lowrider Culture
- Lesson Plan: Alebrijes "Uprooted Dreams"- Project & Lesson Plan
- Lesson Plan: La Selva/ The Rainforest
- Exhibit: Textile Poetics: Textile Art by Mery Godigna-Collet & Others
- Exhibit: Piecing it Together: Grafitti Art by Nathan "Sloke" Nordstrom
- Virtual Tour of the MACC- Learn the History and Architecture of the MACC
- Lesson: Coloring Book, An Empowered Village and Its Citizens
- Lesson Plan: Borderland Wildlife The Environment of the US-Mexico Border
- Community Healing Garden Learn About Healing Plants in Our On-Site Garden!