§ 14-11-161 - DEFINITIONS.
(8) EMERGENCY OPERATIONS means operations or repairs of facilities to prevent imminent harm to the health, safety, or welfare of persons or property.
NOTE: Contractors are authorized to perform an emergency operation or repair before obtaining a permit. However, a permit must be applied for within 24 hours of beginning work.
NOTE: If you are unsure if your work qualifies as emergency work, email email@example.com for help
- Excavation Permit - Emergency work that requires removing or otherwise disturbing soil or pavement in the ROW
- Temporary Use of Right of Way Permit (TURP) - Emergency work that obstructs the ROW with work-related vehicles, equipment, or material
- Description: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
- Example: ABC Gas Services will make an emergency repair on a leaking gas main at 505 Barton Springs Rd on 01/01/01 to prevent imminent damage or injury to a person or the public. This will require a 5x5 street cut, and 5x5 cut behind the curb. The work will require closing the sidewalk, parking lane and one travel lane on S 1st St.
- Write EMERGENCY in the “Project or Event Name” field