In recognition of the most intensively used parkland within the City of Austin (COA) the Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) has begun preliminary work to identify park improvements that build upon the recent renovations at Barton Springs Pool. Several public meetings and surveys were conducted to solicit public input from diverse stakeholder groups and park users.
- Open House, October 27th 6:00-8:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
- Environmental/Infrastructure Focus Group, November 3rd 6:00-8:00 PM McBeth Recreation Center
- Bathhouse Focus Group, November 12th 6:00-8:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
- Children's Facilities Focus Group, November 18th 6:00-8:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
- Review and Alternatives, December 9th 6:00-8:00 PM 721 Barton Springs Rd, Room 130
- Draft Recommendations, January 9th 2:00-4:00 PM Zilker Botanical Gardens
PARD released two surveys promoted through the project webpage and social media resulting in over 1300 responses.
DRAFT FEASIBILITY STUDY REPORT
For additional information or to provide feedback contact the PARD Public Information Office at 512-974-6723 or by email.