Special Events Task Force
The task force consists of 11 voting members and 13 ex officio members comprised of the city departments that participate in the Austin Center for Events. The mission of the task force is to assess the efficacy of Ordinance No. 20180510-018, the associated rules, and Austin Center for Events (ACE) processes.
The task force is required to provide Council with a report and any recommended changes by September 2022. More information about the Special Events Ordinance.
The SETF meets every third Wednesday of the month from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Permitting and Development Center (PDC).
6310 Welhelmina Delco Drive, Austin, Texas 78752
Members & Staff
- James Russell - Mayor Adler
- Bobby Garza - MPT Garza
- Cindy Lo - CM Harper-Madison
- Laurel White - CM Renteria
- Shelley Phillips - CM Casar
- Jeff Smith - CM Kitchen
- Heath Riddles - CM Flannigan
- Mandi Thomas - CM Pool
- Dan Carroll - CM Ellis
- Ingrid Weigand - CM Tovo
- Frances Thompson - CM Alter
Ex Officio Members (City staff):
- Brydan Summer, SETF Staff Liaison
- Sara Henry, ACE Communications Manager
- Bill Manno, Corporate Special Events Program Manager
- Brian Block, Program Manager, Music Office
- Mike Jones, Police Sargent
- Elaine Garrett, Code Division Manager, Austin Code Department
- Frances Hargrove, Special Events Manager, Austin Transportation Department
- Tony Hernandez, Program Manager, Development Services Department
- Jason Maurer, Sales and Events Manager, Parks & Recreation Department
- Kevin Parker, EMS Commander
- Quentin Prior, Fire Battalion Chief
- Iby Setzer, Austin Resource Recovery
- Bryan Walker, Planner, Development Service Department
For support contact Brydan Summers, SEFT Staff Liaison, at 512-974-4854.