The Health Authority rules include rules related to child care facilities. View the City of Austin COVID-19 Orders and Rules page for more information. Safety guidelines for child care facilities have been developed based on the Health Authority rules.
- State Law Requirements and City of Austin/Travis County Recommendations for Open Child Care Programs - Updated May 21, 2021
- Parent Verification Form - Previous Child Care Information for Newly Enrolling Children - Updated May 21, 2021
- Parent Verification Form - Health Screenings Questions for Newly Enrolling Children - Updated May 21, 2021
- Austin Public Health Recommendations for Youth & Summer Camp Programs - Updated June 3, 2021
Child care programs are also urged to follow guidance and implement tools from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC):
- Guidance for Operating Child Care Programs During COVID-19
- Toolkit for Child Care Programs, which include flow charts for:
- Ventilation in Schools and Childcare Programs
- COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit for Staff in School Settings and Childcare Programs
También se urge a los programas de cuidado infantil a seguir la guía de los CDC y usar las herramientas de los CDC diseñadas para los programas de cuidado infantil:
- Guía de los CDC para la apertura de programas de cuidados infantiles durante el COVID-19
- Qué hacer si un estudiante se enferma en la escuela o notifica un diagnóstico nuevo de COVID-19
- Qué hacer si un niño se enferma o recibe un diagnóstico reciente de COVID-19 en su hogar de cuidados infantiles familiares
- Diagrama de evaluación de síntomas del COVID-19 en programas de cuidados infantiles
- Ventilación en escuelas y programas de cuidados infantiles
Additional Resources for Child Care Programs
If you are in need of supplies, complete this form. While the Austin-Travis County COVID-19 Child Care Task Force cannot guarantee that we can get you all the needed supplies, the City of Austin and Task Force partners will do all we can to try to help meet these needs.
If you have any change in the status of your facility, immediately update Child Care Regulations (Licensing).
- Submit a sample letter to inform families of COVID-19 cases in child care programs. This sample letter can be used by child care programs to notify all families when someone in the program has COVID-19. The letter informs each family whether their child is or is not a close contact of the person with COVID-19 and whether they need to quarantine. Arabic | Burmese | English | Korean | Chinese-Simplified | Chinese-Traditional | Spanish | Urdu | Vietnamese
- Success by 6 portal