Orders & Guidelines
The Health Authority rules include rules related to child care facilities. View the City of Austin COVID-19 Orders and Rules page for more information. Safety guidelines for child care facilities have been developed based on the Health Authority rules.
- City of Austin/Travis County Guidance for Open Child Care Programs
- Parent Verification Form - Health Screening Questions for Newly Enrolling Children
- Parent Verification Form - Previous Child Care Information for Newly Enrolling Children
- Guías de la Ciudad de Austin y el Condado de Travis para los programas de cuidado infantil abiertos
- Formulario para padres_Cuestionario de salud para niños nuevos
- Formulario para padres_Info sobre cuidado infantil previo para niños nuevos
If you are in need of supplies, complete this form. While the Austin-Travis County COVID-19 Child Care Task Force cannot guarantee that we can get you all the needed supplies, the City of Austin and Task Force partners will do all we can to try to help meet these needs.
If you have any change in the status of your facility, immediately update Child Care Regulations (Licensing).
- View a flow chart for child care programs (English) | (Spanish).
- Submit a sample letter to inform families of COVID-19 cases in child care programs. This sample letter can be used by child care programs to notify all families when someone in the program has COVID-19. The letter informs each family whether their child is or is not a close contact of the person with COVID-19 and whether they need to quarantine. Arabic | Burmese | English | Korean | Chinese-Simplified | Chinese-Traditional | Spanish | Urdu | Vietnamese