Austin's Prosperity Engine
The City of Austin's Economic Development Department supports and recruits business to Austin through all divisions. Our mission is to promote a competitive, sustainable and equitable economy for all.
Economic Development Department Divisions:
- Cultural Arts Programs that integrate arts and artists into economic development.
- Global Business Expansion Increases jobs and investment in Austin with programs that support business expansion and attraction
- Heritage Tourism Programs aimed to attract tourists by preserving historic buildings, sites, and districts
- Music & Entertainment Programs that support Austin’s venues, commercial music businesses, and musicians
- Redevelopment Facilitates innovative partnerships and projects to re-invigorate Austin neighborhoods and commercial districts
- Small Business Provides help to small business owners and people who want to start a small business
Helpful Recovery Resources:
- Austin Non-Profit Relief Grant - Reopened
Relaunch: September 21, 2020 at 10:00 a.m., Closes: October 9, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- City of Austin's ATXRecovers.com - A one-stop resource to help businesses and individuals recover from the financial hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Austin COVID-19 Information
- Economic Development Department’s Small Business Resources Directory - Database of local, state, federal, and community resources. Filter by “Disaster Relief” to find immediate support for businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
September 15, 2020
August 27, 2020
August 20, 2020
August 6, 2020