The Austin Parks and Recreation Department is accepting Financial Aid applications for youth programs.
What Assistance does the Program Provide?
- 50 percent off registration costs for Austin Parks and Recreation Department (PARD) youth programs and services.
- Scholarship opportunities for youth that get free lunches or go to a Community Eligibility Provision (C.E.P) school.
How do you apply?
- Fill out the application.
- Include a copy of the school free/reduced lunch letter with your application or complete the Attestation Section of the application.
- Completed applications can be emailed to PARDFinAid@austintexas.gov, faxed to 512-469-2957, or delivered to Austin Parks and Recreation facilities that offer youth programs.
- Youth who live within Austin city limits who get or are income eligible to get free/reduced school lunches.
- Individuals 18 to 22 years of age who receive special education services in school also qualify.
How long does it last?
Financial Assistance approved after October 1 of the year lasts until December 31 two years later
- Renewals required every other year for continued participation.
Youth programs registration
- To register for Austin Parks and Recreation youth programs, visit www.austintexas.gov/parksregister.
- Be sure to apply for Financial Assistance several weeks prior to program registration.
- Due to the volume of submissions, your Financial Assistance application may take up to three weeks to process, and the discount will not be applied to payments until your application is approved.
Can I donate to the PARD Financial Aid Program?
- Yes, all Austin Energy Customers can donate by contributing to the Parks & Libraries Funds when your pay your bill.
- To learn more about the Parks & Libraries Fund, visit City of Austin Online Customer Care Billing and Payment Options
Learn more about Mr. Scott Johnson, creator of the Parks & Libraries Fund
- Scott Johnson Biography (PDF)