Partners in Innovation and Sustainability
Over the years the City of Austin has come to rely more heavily on information technology for the operation of municipal government, especially when finding new, efficient, and resourceful ways to achieve more with less and making government more accessible and responsive to the public.
Today there is a strong sense of collaboration and consensus among our IT leaders and regional partners as we remain focused on the City’s IT strategic direction and paving the way for future innovative solutions for the most livable city in the nation.
Supporting the City of Austin’s mission, our IT Governance framework establishes a transparent, informed, and effective decision-making process for managing the demand and supply of best-managed IT services while encouraging sponsor and stakeholder engagement. Our key IT strategy is to lower the cost of services by leveraging inter-organizational collaboration and efficiencies. Savings are reinvested into innovation.
- For media inquiries, contact: The City of Austin Media Web page or the City of Austin PIO Media Line at 512-974-2220
- To request public records, submit a Public Information Request online.
- 2013 Best of the Web Awards:
- 2013 DGAA Award — First place, City Portal category
- 2013 Digital Cities Survey — Sixth place, population 250,000 or more category
- 2012 Best of Texas Award — Ranked fifth in the City Portal category