Austinites love their urban forest and it shows through our high levels of forestry related volunteerism. Get involved and learn more about your urban forest. The Urban Forestry Program has multiple plantings each year through partnerships with local non-profits and other City programs.
To get involved with tree planting and mulching please visit our partner programs for upcoming opportunities.
To volunteer at City park events, sign up on Give Pulse or contact Brian Block, Development Administrator, at 512-974-6756 to get involved with Community Improvement Initiated Projects.
Tree Planting and Care:
- Tree Selection
- How to Plant a Tree
- Best Mulching Technique
- Pruning for health
- Common Tree Pests
- Caring for Mature Trees Presentation (Prezi)
- Cuidado de Árboles Jovenes: Siembra y Poda Estructural (Prezi)
Invasive Species Management:
- Austin's Urban Forest Plan
- Austin Urban Forestry Board
- Tree Care
- Urban Heat: Cool Your Spaces
- Invasive Species Management Program
- NeighborWoods Tree Planting Program
- Austin Community Trees Program
- Wildfire Community Preparedness Day
Did you find what you were looking for? Please contact us and we'll be happy to assist you.