Since 1960, the Austin Nature & Science Center has provided hands-on nature exhibits, education programs and recreation activities for countless visitors, teachers and children of all ages that increase awareness and appreciation of the natural environment. Located on the western edge of Zilker Park, the ANSC is dedicated to the exploration of the natural world.
The Austin Nature & Science Center offers many programs for preschoolers, kids, families and adults with topics ranging from butterflies to caving and much more.
ANSC Ready to Open to the Public!
The Austin Nature and Science Center is excited to welcome visitors back to the facility in July. We will begin accepting reservations for visitation on Saturdays and Sundays, 9:00am-1:00pm, from July 10-August 15. If Austin Public Health staging continues to move in a good direction the site will return to its regular schedule and allow drop-in visitation after August 15.
Click this link to make a reservation. Please keep these tips in mind for your visit:
- Each group member will need a ticket assigned to them
- Please have tickets available for sign-in
- Parking is available underneath the Mopac Bridge
- Entrance is located on Stratford Drive
- Pets are not allowed on site
- If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com