- The program runs year-round, so participants can sign-up to participate whenever is convenient for their schedule.
- The program provides the supplies needed, including maps, storm drain markers, safety vests, etc. The equipment is loaned for one month.
- Request an appointment with the program coordinator – located at One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Rd, 11th Floor. Please give the program coordinator at least 2 weeks advanced notice and list a few date/time options for the orientation (5-10 minutes long)
- Meet with the program coordinator at your appointed time, check out supplies, and sign paperwork.
- Mark drains and record information
- Return supplies and information to the program coordinator within one month of checking out supplies.
Who Can Participate?
- Anyone! This volunteer program is great for groups or individuals.
- Volunteers ages 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Send the following information to the program coordinator:
- The number of people who will mark drains (and note if any participants are under age 18)
- The area of town most convenient for you (name a street intersection) or if you are willing to work anywhere there is a need
- Possible times/dates to set up a 5-10 minute appointment to review the process and sign paperwork.
- Pick up pet waste… every stinkin’ time!
- Throw away litter
- Keep leaves, cut grass and other yard waste away from storm drains
- Home Eco Mechanic - For do it yourself earth-wise vehicle maintenance
- Austin Clean Water Partners - Local automotive repair and fueling business that go the extra mile to protect our environment.
- Use a car wash, or wash your vehicle where the soap and water flow into the grass
Notify the City about pollution problems, including leaks, spills, and dumping. Pollution Hotline - 512-974-2550