Temporary Concession Permits
Concession approvals (permits) are required and issued to applicants for commercial activity requests (vending, merchandise sales, etc) in the park system. Concession permits are issued at stand-alone park locations where short-term or single concession needs arise that benefit an activity or the public at the requested park location.
- Concession permits are NOT issued for vendors to vend outside or near permitted special events where organizers typically coordinate vendors inside their permitted grounds and spaces.
First Come First Serve – Permit Terms
Spring Season - March through August
Fall Season - September through February
- Metro, District, and Neighborhood Parks not included within RFA
- Zilker Park & Auditorium Shores - RFA released in January
- Temporary Concession - Application (WORD Document link)
- Temporary Concession - Map of Available Locations (Google Map)
All applications must be submitted through email to: Gergo Perlaky / Gergo.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Temporary Concessions availability may change based on Local Orders and City Department guidelines.
1. Temporary Concession Permits
- Food, Beverage and Recreation Merchandise ($500-$1500/6-month period) The fee for operating for six months at a district or metropolitan park is $1,500 (district or larger) and $500 (other parks) for all other parks at approved applications. The fees will be paid in full at the time of contract execution.
- Boating - Walsh Boat Landing (prices vary) See Walsh Boat Landing guidelines.
2. Single Day Concession Permits ($50/day) The Parks and Recreation Department issues single day permits to vendors wishing to set up at (or outside of) a place in a park for a short-term event purpose.
3. Performing Artists in the Parks ($10/day) Performing artists are allowed to entertain in the parks provided they are registered with and approved by the Parks and Recreation Department. The fee for performing artists is $10 per day, and permits may be purchased in two-week increments. Individuals wishing to perform as artists or entertainers in the park must adhere to the following rules.
Online Resources for all Applicants:
- Application - Food, Beverage & Recreation Oriented Merchandise (word doc)
- Application - Walsh Boat Landing (word doc)
- Application - Performing Artist (word doc)
- Seasonal Permit Timing (pdf) – View permit availability
- Map of Available Concession Sites - View available concession sites - Google map
- Map of Walsh Boat Landing Site Related to Guidelines
- Criminal Background Investigation (CBI) Process (pdf)
- Health Permit (if applicable) - Austin Health and Human Services requirements
- Insurance Requirements (pdf) - View City required Insurance
- Report - Walsh Boat Landing Monthly Launch Report (excel) Report Guide (pdf)
- Sales Tax - All vendors are required to have a State of Texas sales and use permit.
- Sole Proprietor Letter (word doc) - TEMPLATE letter for sole proprietors
Other Concession Permit Information:
- Permanent Concessions (existing or new requests)
- Commercial Use of Dedicated Parking (fitness groups, training, bicycle tour groups, dog training)
- Commercial youth programming or classes must utilize the Instructional Contractor Process.