If you are performing any kind of driveway, sidewalk, curb, or gutter work, this is the permit you will need. Read "DS Considerations" for a list of specific types of work.
I have a question about ...
|Insurance, Bond, License||Fees||How-To Video - coming soon!|
|Traffic Control||Contacts||Checklist - coming soon!|
What do I need to know before applying for my DS?
- If you have a building permit (BP), a DS permit has automatically been created. The DS permit number is the same as the BP number. Apply for the DS permit via the applicable Smartsheet link below. If you do not have a BP, then apply for the DS permit at Austin Build + Connect (ABC).
- Required inspections, as called out on the Plan Review/BP, can only be added or removed by Development Services Department (DSD).
- A ROW Contractor's License is required to perform DS work in the ROW. To submit or pull a permit on a ROW Contractor’s behalf, you must be listed on their Authorized Agent Form.
What if my DS is tied to a Commercial Development?
- If you already have an existing BP, apply for your Commercial DS via the Smartsheet.
- If work is affiliated with a commercial site, then provide a Site Plan (SP), Site Plan Exemption (DA), or New Subdivision (C8). If you are performing repairs and/or replacements of the same size and location, then no further documentation will be needed.
- If work is affiliated with commercial development and the driveway and/or sidewalk will be constructed along more than 1 street, then you must apply for an additional DS permit at ABC.
What if my DS is tied to a Residential Development?
- If you already have an existing BP, apply for your Residential DS via the Smartsheet.
- If work is affiliated with a residential site, then provide stamped/approved plans from Residential Review. If you are performing repairs and/or replacements, then no further documentation will be needed.
- If there are multiple driveways, each must have its own DS permit. Apply for the additional DS permits at ABC. If this is a semi-circular driveway, the work will be done under one DS permit.
How do I apply for a DS?
- Description: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
- Example: ABC Contractors will repair 17ft wide driveway approach at 505 Kinney Ave on 01/01/01 for a residential project. The concrete company performing the work will be Concrete R Us. All work vehicles and equipment shall be placed on private property.
- Linear footage of sidewalk, width of driveway, and new curb & gutter at the property line
- Curb & gutter as part of driveway cut is not applicable
- Name of contractor performing work
- Meter numbers you’ll be occupying. Contact the meter shop with Active permit to reserve the spaces.
- Approved plan sheet
How do I revise my DS permit?
Apply for a revision via the Extension and Revision Request form. Provide the following:
- Revision: provide a detailed explanation of the changes you intend to make and the date you’d like the revision to take effect
- Update Right of Way Contractor, remove or add an activity (e.g. sidewalk work), adjust traffic control plan