The police department has divided the City into 4 regions. Liaisons work in each of these regions as requested by the officers or residents. Outreach efforts include:
- Safety Fairs - safety and health information presented in a festive atmosphere that allows residents to interact positively with the police officers assigned to their neighborhoods.
- Town Hall Meetings called to address specific issues when the need arises.
- Individual projects with officers and with neighborhood associations to address long or short -term problems.
- Visits to area businesses to provide information about how to contact the officers assigned to the area or the liaisons.
- Finding meaningful ways to connect the officers and the residents and establish communication links and partnerships.
- Coordinating special events and celebrations for the officers and those we serve in Austin. These are only a few of the specific ways that liaisons work in the community and within the police department.
To obtain more information, contact the APD Office of Community Liaison at 512-974-4700 or by email.