Development Services is going digital.
Register online for Austin Build + Connect (AB+C)
The online AB+C portal enables registered users to apply and pay for some permits, submit documents, schedule inspections, and manage permits.
- Register online today at austintexas.gov/abc.
- Link your Development Services account with your AB+C profile.
- For permits that require contractor registration, use the Service Center Request Form or the Chat Now button on the Service Center page.
- For all other linking account requests, use the Chat Now button on Development Assistance Center, or email DSDHelp@austintexas.gov.
- Add contractors or agents to your account with a Letter of Authorization, submit using the Service Center Request Form.
Email intake staff for instructions
Email the service area intake staff for instructions on how you should digitally submit your documents.
- Commercial Plan Review
Reviews multi-family and commercial construction plans.
- Development Assistance Center
Development consulting services and business-related permitting services including:
- After Hours Concrete Pouring Permit
- Alcoholic Beverage Waiver
- Board of Adjustment support
- BYOB Venue Permit
- Development process and regulatory consulting
- Document sales
- Electric & Water/Wastewater meter can sales
- Land Status Determination
- Mobile Retail Vending Permits
- Outdoor Music Venue Permits
- Records Research
- Sign Permit
- Site Plan Corrections/Exemptions
- Temporary Use Permit
- Temporary Event Sound Permits
- Utility consulting
- Zoning Verification
- Expedited Building Plan Review
Accelerates the Building Plan Review and Permit process for residential or commercial plans.
- Land Use Review Intake
Reviews and permits site plan and subdivision applications for compliance.
- Residential Plan Review
Reviews new construction, additions or interior remodeling of single-family, duplex or two-family houses and/or accessory buildings on one lot.
- Service Center
Issues building and trade permits after a plan review is approved; registers contractors.
- Site, Subdivision and Tap Inspection
Performs inspections of site work in the right-of-way before building construction begins, including:
- Water and wastewater installation and construction inspections
- Street, sidewalk, driveway, bridge construction inspections
- Storm system inspections
Downloading and filling out applications
- Download the required application(s)
(Please ensure you are always using the most current version)
- Fill out the application using the fillable fields.
- Save to your computer. Our intake staff will provide directions for digital submittal.
Preparing your files
- All files must be in one multipage PDF document. Graphical exhibits should be vector-based PDFs.
(If scanned, must be 300 dpi)
- Sets of plans or engineering models should be included in the single multipage PDF
- Please submit only the items on the checklist or those requested by the reviewer.
For fee information, visit DSD fees.
Demolition permit applications require mailing a notarized wet signature, contact reviewer for more information.