City of Austin Grants and Funding
Closed Relief Grants
The City of Austin is no longer accepting applications for the following grants:
- Austin Childcare Provider Relief Grant
- Austin Creative Space Disaster Relief Program
- Austin Creative Worker Relief Grant
- Austin Legacy Business Relief Grant
- Austin Live Music Venue Preservation Fund
- Austin Music Disaster Relief Fund
- Austin Non-Profit Relief Grant
- Austin Small Business Relief Grant
Visit the City of Austin's ATXRecovers.com for resources to help businesses and individuals recover from the financial hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ongoing Funding Programs
The City may award an incentive for expansion projects to companies who create new jobs plus provide access to employment and community benefits. Considerations include: middle-skill jobs at above-industry standard compensation, hiring populations facing economic and socio-economic hardships that pose as a barrier to employment, and realizable community benefits beyond tax revenue.
Cultural Arts Funding provides cultural arts programs for the Austin community by contracting with arts organizations for specific services.
Incentives and funding resources for filmmakers.
Heritage Grants serve to promote tourism through the preservation, restoration and rehabilitation of historic buildings, sites or districts. Historic preservation is a successful economic development tool that creates jobs, spurs new business, and strengthens local economies.