The Affordable Care Act began open enrollment on November 1, and it ends on December 15. Find out more about local resources and the opportunities available to you through the Marketplace.
Get help in person at these Travis County Insurance Marketplace Resources:
- Locations in Austin where you can call or visit to get assistance applying.
- Travis County agencies that will provide help with the marketplace.
- Foundation Communities provides free help with Health Insurance Enrollment during Open Enrollment.
People's Community Clinic provides free application assistance.
- Address: 2909 N. IH-35, Austin, 78722
- Phone: 521-478-4939
- Call 2-1-1 for other local resources to assist you.
- For information about employer sponsored coverage, call TexHealth Central Texas at 512-524-2618
Get Plan and Price Information
You can see the health and dental plans that are available in our area before you create an account and apply for coverage.
- Use this calculator to find out if you qualify for lower costs on coverage.
- After you calculate your savings, try our new tool to preview Marketplace plans and prices.
The prices shown on this tool don't reflect the lower costs most people may qualify for based on household size and income.
Households with yearly incomes up to about $46,000 for individuals or $94,000 for a family of 4 may qualify.
Enroll in the Marketplace
Through December 15, you can apply for health coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace at HealthCare.gov.
The marketplace offers a side-by-side comparison of private insurance options for individuals, families, and small businesses. Through the Marketplace, you can apply and compare all your options. You can also find out if you can get lower costs on monthly premiums or get free or low-cost coverage. When you’re ready to enroll, you’ll decide how you pay your premiums or get help signing up for Medicaid or CHIP if you’re eligible.
Explore Your Options
If you have job-based health insurance you like, you can keep it. You may be able to change to Marketplace coverage if you want to. You can ask your employer if it plans to offer health insurance. If not, you may need to get insurance through the Marketplace or from other sources. If you don’t have coverage, you may have to pay a fee.
If you run a small business, you can go to the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) Marketplace to find out about providing coverage for your employees. You will use this website to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll.
If you have Medicare, you’re already covered and don’t need to make any changes.
Have Questions about the Affordable Care Act?
- How Federal Health Care Reform will Affect You
- How the Health Care Law is Making a Difference for the People of Texas
- Chat with healthcare.gov
- Call 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Assistance is available in multiple languages.