We Are Ready To Serve You.
Based on the Order by the City of Austin and Travis County to “Stay Home, Mask, and Otherwise Be Safe”, all in-person customer services at the One Texas Center facility remain suspended. Most of our services are still available by phone, video conference, email and our online portal, Austin Build + Connect (AB+C). For information on our modified services, please visit our DSD-COVID-19 page.
Development Services is going digital.
Register online for Austin Build + Connect (AB+C)
The online AB+C portal enables registered users to apply and pay for some permits, submit documents, schedule inspections, and manage permits.
- Register online today at austintexas.gov/abc
- If you already have open/active cases/permits, or an existing contractor profile that you'd like to link to your new AB+C account, call 3-1-1 to link.
- Add contractors or agents to your account with a Letter of Authorization
Email intake staff for instructions
Email the service area intake staff for instructions on how you should digitally submit your documents.
- Commercial Plan Review
Reviews multi-family and commercial construction plans.
- Development Assistance Center
Development consulting services and business-related permitting services including:
- After Hours Concrete Pouring Permit
- Board of Adjustment support
- BYOB Venue Permit
- Development process and regulatory consulting
- Document sales
- Electric & Water/Wastewater meter can sales
- Land Status Determination
- Mobile Retail Vending Permits
- Outdoor Music Venue Permits
- Records Research
- Sign Permit
- Site Plan Corrections/Exemptions
- Temporary Use Permit
- Temporary Event Sound Permits
- Utility consulting
- Zoning Verification
- Expedited Building Plan Review
Accelerates the Building Plan Review and Permit process for residential or commercial plans.
- Land Use Review Intake
Reviews and permits site plan and subdivision applications for compliance.
- Residential Plan Review
Reviews new construction, additions or interior remodeling of single-family, duplex or two-family houses and/or accessory buildings on one lot.
- Service Center
Issues building and trade permits after a plan review is approved; registers contractors.
- Site, Subdivision and Tap Inspection
Performs inspections of site work in the right-of-way before building construction begins, including:
- Water and wastewater installation and construction inspections
- Street, sidewalk, driveway, bridge construction inspections
- Storm system inspections
Downloading and filling out applications
- Download the required application(s)
(Please ensure you are always using the most current version)
- Fill out the application using the fillable fields.
- Save to your computer. Our intake staff will provide directions for digital submittal.
Preparing your files
- All files must be in one multipage PDF document. Graphical exhibits should be vector-based PDFs.
(If scanned, must be 300 dpi)
- Sets of plans or engineering models should be included in the single multipage PDF
- Please submit only the items on the checklist or those requested by the reviewer.
For fee information, visit DSD fees.
Demolition permit applications require mailing a notarized wet signature, contact reviewer for more information.