The Resource Services division provides information and assistance to the minority business community.
Outreach facilitates departmental communications regarding services, key initiatives, special notices; and hosts monthly workshops on topics of interest to the minority business community.
Past workshop titles include: Certification 101, Meet the Prime, IT Opportunities, Big Projects with Opportunities. SMBR collaborates with local trade associations including Asian Contractors Association, Austin Area Black Contractors Association, US Hispanic Contractors Association and other community organizations to increase awareness of our program and other available resources.
SMBR’s Plan Room provides free electronic access to the McGraw-Hill Dodge system of drawings and construction specifications for projects in 100 counties in south and central Texas. The Plan Room also has hard copy plans and specifications from local, private, and public sector jobs that can be viewed onsite or copied for a minimal fee.
SMBR provides resources to assist construction business owners Surety Bonding. Learn more about Bid, Performance and Payment Bonds.
Small Business Resources
Asian Contractor Association (ACA) www.acta-austin.com 512.926.5400
- The Asian Contractor Association is a non-profit organization serving Asian businesses in the Greater Austin Metropolitan and surrounding areas. The mission of ACA is to promote Asian-Owned Enterprises and advocate for their participation in both government and private minority procurement programs through outreach, research, and collaboration with other minority trade associations in Central Texas.
Austin Area Black Contractors Association, Inc. (ABCA) www.abcatx.com 512.467.6894
- The Austin Area Black Contractors Association, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation established to promote business and economic development opportunities for African American contractors and other small minority contractors in the Austin Metropolitan area.
U.S. Hispanic Contractors Association de Austin (USHCA) www.ushca-austin.com 737.708.8101
- Our mission is to provide and support advancement for economic growth of members of the United States Hispanic Contractors Association de Austin and our regional community. We are committed to developing programs and facilitating resources needed to assist contractors in reaching their full potential.
BiGAustin - Business Investment Growth www.bigaustin.org 512.928.8010
- BiGAustin is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing comprehensive training services, one-one-one assistance, and loans to individuals who want to achieve self-sufficiency by starting their own small business.
City of Austin, Small Business Program (SBP) www.austinsmallbiz.com 512.974.7800
- The mission of the Small Business Program is to foster job creation and support the growth of new and existing businesses by providing capacity building information, tools, and resources.
City of Austin, Small & Minority Business Resources Department (SMBR) www.austintexas.gov/smbr 512.974.7600
- Plan Room provides electronic and hard copy access to construction plans and specifications for private and public sector jobs in over 100 South and Central Texas Counties.
- SMBR has a Bonding Financial Consultant on staff to assist business owners with Payment, Performance, and Bid Bonds used for construction contracts.
Business and Community Lenders of Texas ( BCL): https://bcloftexas.org/entrepreneurship 512- 912-9884
- BCL is a non-profit economic development firm that has focused on growing communities in Texas since 1990. BCL’s Entrepreneurship Program works to equip and empower small business owners with compressive training, counseling, and access to capital resources to achieve long-term success
Economic Growth Business Incubator (EGBI) www.egbi.org 512.926.2594
- Economic Growth Business Incubator is a non-profit organization that extends education, training and connections directly into the underserved areas of our community in a way that is culturally relevant and delivers proven results.
PeopleFund www.peoplefund.org 888.222.0017
- PeopleFund creates economic opportunity and financial stability for underserved people by providing access to capital, education, and resources to build healthy small businesses.
Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) http://ptac.txsbdc.org 210.458.2458
- The Procurement Technical Assistance Center is a specialty center of the South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center Network, which assist small business owners, veteran entrepreneurs in a 79-county area.
Texas State Small Business Development Center Network www.austinsmallbusinessanswers.com 512.610.0996
- The mission of the South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center Network is to foster small business success.
Greater Austin Asian Chamber of Commerce (GAACC) www.austinasianchamber.org 512.407.8240
- Promote the Asian American community and community at large as a catalyst for local and global economic growth through advocacy, connections, and education.
Greater Austin Black Chamber of Commerce (GABC) www.austinbcc.org 512.459.1181
- The Greater Austin Black Chamber of Commerce promotes the development of African-American businesses and the expansion of the Greater Austin business community by providing resources, technical assistance, and leadership on policy issues that enhance economic growth and promote convention and tourism.
Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GAHCC) www.gahcc.org 512.476.7502
- The Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce's primary goal is to continue the advancement and progression of a strong and stable economic culture for Hispanic Businesses. The Chamber strives to reach these goals by developing business and management skills and bridging access to financial capital and maintaining our cultural values and integrity.
Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce https://austinlgbtchamber.com 512.761.5428
- Established in 1997, we are Central Texas’ home for LGBT and allied businesses and organizations. We work to create and support a vibrant and prosperous regional economy strengthened through the full participation of diverse local communities. We do this by advocating, educating, and connecting. We represent small business, corporate, and nonprofit members who share the values of promoting equality and diversity in the workplace.
Texas Association of African American Chamber of Commerce (TAAACC) www.taaacc.org 512.535.5610
- To ensure that African American Business Owners receive a fair share of the economic prosperity of Texas. Serve as a catalyst for a better quality of life in African American communities throughout Texas. Support policies that allow African-Americans access to economic opportunities
Texas Association of Mexican American Chamber of Commerce (TAMACC) www.tamacc.org 512.444.5727
- To promote the growth, development and success of its local Hispanic member chambers of commerce and to serve as the leading advocate of Hispanic businesses in Texas.