The Development Assistance Center (DAC) provides development consulting services and business-related permitting services. They will answer your questions and make sure you are knowledgeable about the procedures and requirements that apply to your project.


Modified Operations:
We Are Ready To Serve You.

Following the March 24, 2020, Order by the City of Austin and Travis County to “Stay Home, Work Safe”, we have discontinued all in-person customer services at the One Texas Center facility. Most of our services are available by phone, video conference, email, and our online portal, Austin Build + Connect (AB+C). For information on our modified services, please visit our DSD-COVID-19 page.


In response to the current COVID-19 emergency, customers seeking development consultation are encouraged to reach out to staff directly by phone or e-mail.

For general questions, or if you are unsure of which staff member to reach out to, email your question or request

The DAC team will continue to conduct Development Assessment meetings, but will do so by teleconferencing through Microsoft Teams.  To schedule a virtual assessment meeting, e-mail your request to Christopher Johnson or the  

We apologize for any inconvenience and sincerely appreciate your patience.   


Services provided by DAC:

  • After Hours Concrete Pouring Permit (Central Business District only)
  • Board of Adjustment support
  • BYOB Venue Permit - Applies to a commercial establishment that is not licensed or permitted by the TABC. See Chapter 4-11 of the City Code for additional requirements.
  • Development process and regulation consulting.
  • Document Sales
  • Electric & Water/Wastewater meter can sales  (Effective December 2, 2019, Austin Energy will no longer accept 150 amp meter cans for permanent services (temporary only).  The smallest size permanet meter can must be 200 amps.  All meter cans must have a disconnect bypass.)
  • Land Status Determination
  • Mobile Retail Vending Permits
  • Outdoor Music Venue Permits - For commercial property where sound equipment is not fully enclosed by permanent. solid walls and a roof. See Chapter 9-2 of the City Code.
  • Records Research
  • Sign Permit - For signs visible from the street right-of-way and used for advertising. See Chapter 25-10 of the City Code.
  • Site Plan Corrections/Exemptions
  • Temporary Use Permit - For short-term use of a property without an existing site plan or certificate of occupancy. See Chapter 25-2-921 of the City Code.
  • Temporary Event Sound Permits
  • Utility consulting
  • Zoning Verification - (must have County Tax Parcel number)

Click here to view applications for permit-related services listed above.

Click here to check-In to the Development Assistance Center from your mobile device