Arrive 2 hours before departure time during peak times
Departing passengers are advised to arrive inside the Barbara Jordan terminal at least 2 hours before their flight during peak times and 90 minutes before their flight for all other times. Peak departure travel times are 5 - 8 a.m., 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. During these times passengers may encounter longer waits at security checkpoints. The first TSA checkpoint opens daily at 3:30 a.m. All gates are accessible via any of three TSA checkpoints.
- Call your credit card company so they don’t put a hold on your card while traveling
- Check your airline's baggage policy
- Take photos of your packed suitcase, inside and out, in case it gets lost
- Include destination address and cell number on outside luggage tags and on inside of each bag
- Wait to wrap gifts, they may need to be opened for inspection (carry-on and checked bags)
- Prescription medications/medical supplies don't count as carry-on baggage allowance. TSA does not require you to bring your medications in original containers but it is a good idea. You don't have to bring a full bottle on a week-long trip, but having the container could be helpful. Never pack prescription drugs in checked baggage.
- For more information about the 3-1-1 liquid rule, etc., visit https://www.tsa.gov/travel/travel-tips