The City of Austin process for the review of economic development proposals includes two City Council meetings as follows:
- (First Meeting) Placing the economic incentive proposal for Merck Sharp & Dohme Corporation (Merck) on the City Council agenda with a staff presentation, allowing for public comment.
- (Second Meeting) A public hearing and City Council action occurring at the next City Council meeting after the agenda item with staff presentation.
The process also includes providing economic development proposal information in advance of the two City Council meetings as follows:
- Making available to the public the economic incentive proposal, back-up materials, and all unrestricted information relevant to the proposal no later than the sixth day before the agenda item with staff presentation.
- Posting to the public the economic development investment proposal, back-up materials, and all unrestricted information relevant to the proposal on the Economic Development Department website, in a manner that allows the public to provide written comment. The written comments will be collected and reviewed by staff and provided to City Council in a timely manner.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The Economic Development Department will have a public comment period commencing March 31, 2017 regarding an economic development proposal between the City of Austin and Merck. The public comment period will commence at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017 and continue through 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. All written comments will be provided to City Council on Wednesday, April 12, 2017.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL INFORMATION
Please review details on the economic development proposal between the City of Austin and Merck:
- Business Information Form - Merck
- Matrix Score - Merck
- Proposed Economic Development Agreement - Merck
- WebLOCI Summary Report - Merck
- Economic Development Proposal Summary - Merck
- Transit and Corridor Map - Merck
STAFF PRESENTATION (FIRST MEETING) The City of Austin will hold a regularly scheduled City Council meeting at which time staff will provide a briefing on the Merck Sharp & Dohme Corporation (Merck) economic development proposal.
• Thursday, April 6, 2017 (10:30 a.m. time certain) at Austin City Hall, City Council Chambers, 301 W. Second Street.
PUBLIC HEARING AND CITY COUNCIL ACTION (SECOND MEETING) The City of Austin will hold a regularly scheduled City Council meeting at which time a public hearing will be held to receive public comments on the proposed economic development proposal. All interested parties are invited to attend the hearing. The City Council will also take action at this meeting. The regularly scheduled City Council meeting and public hearing will be held:
• Thursday, April 13, 2017 at Austin City Hall, City Council Chambers, 301 W. Second Street.