The City of Austin’s Economic Development Department and Austin Public Health work together to support the Healthy Corner Stores Program. The program is a partnership between the City of Austin, six locally-owned convenience stores, Segovia Produce Ltd and the Cook's Nook.
Healthy corner stores are convenience stores, including gas stations, that offer a variety of healthier food items, including fresh produce. Products available at participating stores include fresh produce and prepared items such as salads and ready-to-eat meals, among other items.
All participating stores accept Lone Star, also known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits.
Current Healthy Corner Stores Locations:
- Graboost MLK– 4611 E Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Austin TX 78721
- Graboost S 1 St – 6400 S 1st St Austin TX 78745
- Express Food Mart 5401 Menchaca Rd Austin TX 78745
- City Star Foods – 31 N IH-35 Austin TX 78702
- Bread Basket Westgate – 8801 West Gate Blvd Austin TX 78745
- Bread Basket Menchaca – 11410 Menchaca Rd Austin TX 78748