We have great news about reducing waste in Austin! The Household Hazardous Waste Facility and the Resource Recovery Center are merging to become a new Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center (2514 Business Center Drive), which will significantly expand local recycling and reuse opportunities.
Come celebrate the new facility’s Grand Opening on Oct. 17 from 10:00 a.m. to noon with family-friendly fun, including kids’ crafts, a photo booth, live music, an art display, and booths from local businesses, non-profit organizations and City departments.
At the new Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center, you can:
- Household hazardous wastes, chemicals, and automotive fluids
- Tires and scrap metal
- Electronics and large appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers and dryers
- Large hard plastic items
- Lightbulbs and batteries
- Brush and yard trimmings
- All single-stream recycling items
Pick up (free):
- Austin ReBlend paint
- Household cleaners and chemicals
- Automotive fluids
- Fertilizers and pesticides
Until the new Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center opens, the Household Hazardous Waste Facility and Resource Recovery Center will remain open as usual. For more information, visit austintexas.gov/department/austin-resource-recovery/locations.