Austin Transportation's Parking Enterprise Division manages curb space to encourage equitable access for residents, visitors, and businesses, while also promoting safe mobility for the entire community.
- The City of Austin does not regulate nor enforce parking on the University of Texas campus or within the State Capitol Complex.
- City of Austin parking meters are not enforced on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- The City of Austin will not tow legally parked vehicles for being left overnight.
- Parking is not allowed on 6th Street between Red River and Brazos streets from Thursday through Sunday, 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. The Austin Police Department will tow vehicles from this area.
Paid On-Street Parking
On-street parking in metered areas is ideal for short-term visits. Below on this page is a list of parking lots that are regulated by the City of Austin.
- Metered Parking Areas and Schedules
Metered Parking Area
Downtown: IH-35 to Lamar Boulevard, and Lady Bird Lake to 10th Street
Monday and Tuesday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday through Friday – 8 a.m. to midnight
Saturday – 11 a.m. to midnight.
Central-North Austin: West of State Capitol area; University of Texas West Campus and North Campus (up to 29th and 30th streets)
West Austin: Sections of West 5th Street and nearby streets
Monday through Saturday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
South Austin: Barton Springs Road and South Lamar Boulevard, including Toomey Road, Lee Barton Drive and nearby areas
East Austin: Several streets between IH-35 to Chicon Street
Monday through Saturday – 8 a.m. to midnight
Mueller: Aldrich Street, Simond Avenue, McBee Street, Mattie Street, Robert Browning Street, Philomena Street, and Garcia Street
Monday through Wednesday – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday through Saturday – 10 a.m. to midnight
Colorado River: Stephen F. Austin Drive, Veterans Drive, Atlanta Street, Foster Avenue, Deep Eddy Avenue and Hearn Street
Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Walsh Landing Monday through Sunday – 8 a.m. to midnight
Austin Transportation also offers off-street public parking options. The following options are managed by Austin Transportation. Other off-street parking may be managed by other City of Austin departments.
If you are a downtown employee looking for long-term transportation solutions, you can find sustainable options through Get There ATX or low-cost parking options through the Affordable Parking Program.
I-35 Parking Lot
- The I-35 lot is operated through mobile payment only and is $2 per hour. Download the Park ATX app.
- Parking meters at the I-35 lot are enforced Monday through Saturday, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Parking is $7 a night Monday through Thursday and $8 a night Friday and Saturday. Parking is free on Sunday.
- Cars that are left in this parking lot from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. Monday through Friday morning may be towed due to routine cleaning.
MoPac Parking Lot by Stephen F. Austin High School
- Parking meters are enforced Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Parking rates are the same as on-street parking.
Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center Parking Lot
- Parking meters are enforced Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3 a.m.
- Parking is $2 per hour from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Parking from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. is a flat rate of $5. For paid time that continues after 6 p.m., the $5 flat rate is added to existing payment and parking expires at 3 a.m.
- The parking lot has an entrance gate that is managed by the Mexican American Cultural Center.
Vaccs Facts is a weekly series of COVID-19 vaccine updates published by Austin Public Health. Please reference this page for updates every Tuesday.