- The owner of the property & or the permit holder may request that the permit be declared null and void by submitting a written request to the Permit Office.
- The written request must include the Permit number(s) and address(s) of the property.
- The request must be signed by the property owner or the permit holder.
- The purchaser of the new permit shall pay one-half of the current fees unless the fee is less than the minimum fee for the respective permit prior to the issuance of the new permit.
Transfer of Permit
- A building permit or trade (electric, mechanical, plumbing or irrigation) permit cannot be transferred unless the current permit holder and new permit holder both consent to the transfer of the permit.
- A request for transfer must be submitted in writing to the Permit Service Center and be signed by the current permit holder and new permit holder.
- A permit that has expired cannot be transferred.
- Demolition and Relocation permits cannot be transferred.
- Homeowner permits for electric, mechanical, plumbing and irrigation permits cannot be transferred.
Complete the Request for a Refund form and submit to the Service Center, located on the 1st Floor of 505 Barton Springs Road.
A refund requires approximately four weeks once the written request has been received and processed.
- Refunds of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing & irrigation permits may be requested in writing by the purchaser of the permit. The request must include the Permit(s) number, address(es), include a copy of the permit receipt, and must be signed by the purchaser of the permit.
- A refund will not be granted if the purchaser has paid the minimum fee established for the specific type of permit in the adopted fee schedule.
- A refund will not be granted if any work governed by the permit has been performed.
- A refund will not be granted if an inspection has been performed, scheduled or requested pursuant to the permit.
- A refund of 75% of the original permit fee, less the minimum permit fee established for the specific type of permit in the adopted Fee Schedule will be granted on the following conditions:
- The permit is active
- The purchaser of the permit has requested a refund in writing.