There's a reason our region’s population has grown by leaps and bounds in the past twenty years. Austin’s quality of life is unparalleled and at the City of Austin, our overriding mission is to make Austin the most livable community in the country.
What can you look forward to as an Austinite?
- Nearly 300 days a year of beautiful sunshine
- Live music and lots of it, from talented local bands to all the big names on tour
- Miles and miles of hiking and biking trails, including the beautiful Lady Bird Lake Trail in the heart of the city
- A robust arts scene: Austin is home to Ballet Austin, the Austin Symphony Orchestra, the Blanton Museum of Art, and much much more
- A cost of living below the national average, and well below other major metropolitan areas
- Green living: our public transportation infrastructure, green energy rebates, and recycling services make it easy to live a low-impact, sustainable lifestyle
- A community that celebrates diversity and welcomes citizens of all cultures, faiths, and nations
- Access to the wealth of resources and entertainment available from the University of Texas, from watching our famous athletic teams to viewing the astounding archives at the Harry Ransom Center
- A low rate of violent crime
- No state income tax