If I'm building a new home or other type of development, where do I go to get my questions answered and my site plans approved?

The Development Assistance Center is a resource for finalizing zoning, subdivision and site plan applications, in addition to providing technical assistance, maps, etc. Applications and information may be obtained at the DAC on the first floor of One Texas Center, 505 Barton Springs Road. The telephone number is 512-974-6370.

Who do I call about an interruption in my electric service?

Austin Energy is the City of Austin's community power resource. For new, stop or transfer service, account information, billing, etc. call the Customer Call Center at 512-494-9400 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays. To report power outages or damaged power lines, call 512-322-9100, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Who do I call when my garbage has not been picked up?

Call 3-1-1 for all Austin Resource Recovery concerns or issues.

Who can help trim tree limbs lying on electric lines, covering signs or lying on the road?

Contact Austin Energy to request tree trimming at 512-494-9400. For tree branches in the right of way, call 3-1-1.

Who do I call about police-related non-emergencies?

Call police at 3-1-1 for all non-emergencies.

How do I report a pothole or concern about street construction?

To report a pothole, call 3-1-1. For questions about street construction, call Public Works at 512-974-7065

Who do I call to dispose of a dead animal?

Austin Resource Recovery collects dead animals from the public rights of way and will collect a dead animal placed at the curb. For more information, call 3-1-1 or email Austin Resource Recovery. If your pet has died, you may wish to call your veterinarian or a pet crematory.

Who do I call to report a stray or lost animal?

Call 3-1-1. The Animal Services Center animal control officers pick up stray dogs seven days a week. If you notice a stray dog or cat and cannot provide for its health and safety needs yourself, you'll do a great service by reporting it to the Animal Control unit or bringing it to the animal center. At the center, the animal will receive food, water and shelter. We do our best to find new homes for animals that are suitable as pets.

To report an injured animal, please call the Animal Services Center at 3-1-1.

Who do I call to reserve a park facility?

The Parks and Recreation Department has several facilities available for private rentals, as well as picnic areas available to reserve in the parks. To make reservations, call 512-974-6797.

Who do I call with questions about neighborhood zoning?

Call the Planning and Development Review Department at 512-974-7668.

How do I resolve traffic tickets or outstanding warrants?

The first step to resolving your ticket is to read the instructions on the back of the yellow copy of the citation and on the blue form given to you by the officer. The back of your ticket contains a lot of information on how to resolve your citation. If you are not sure of the violation charged or the fine due, you will have to come to Municipal Court or contact the court information assistance operators at 512-974-4800. Operators are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To allow for data entry, please wait at least five days after the offense date before calling the court.

To find out whether you have an outstanding warrant, you may call the Municipal Court's interactive voice response system at 512-974-4800. Choose the warrants option from the voice menu. You may also check for outstanding warrants online.

Who do I call to ask about someone who has been arrested?

All information about people in jail can be obtained from calling jail information at 512-854-9889. The Travis County Sheriff's Office operates the jail.

Who do I call with questions about a driver license?

The Texas Department of Public Safety is responsible for issues pertaining to driver licenses. The telephone number to the Driver License Customer Service Bureau is 512-424-2600.

Who do I call to ask about Capital Metro routes and services?

Capital Metro is not a division of the City of Austin. Questions about routes and schedules may be answered by calling the Capital Metro Rideline at 512-474-1200 or 800-474-1201.