We Are Ready To Serve You.
Based on the Order by the City of Austin and Travis County to “Stay Home, Mask, and Otherwise Be Safe”, all in-person customer services at the One Texas Center facility remain suspended. Most of our services are still available by phone, video conference, email and our online portal, Austin Build + Connect (AB+C). For information on our modified services, please visit our DSD-COVID-19 page.
The Youth Forest Council (YFC) is open to young people who are:
- Ages 16-19 (as of 01/01/20) and currently living within the Austin city limits
- Curious about the natural world and interested in exploring careers related to it
- Passionate about making a difference in their community
- Trustworthy, with a demonstrated work ethic
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Complete a Youth Forest Council Member Application, including answers to these short answer questions by the December 8, 2019 deadline.
- Have 1 reference complete the Recommendation Form by December 13, 2019. Your reference should be someone who knows your character and work ethic, for example: a teacher/professor, boss, advisor, or coach. We discourage you from asking a family member.
- After the Urban Forest Program receives your documents, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Need a printable PDF of the application or recommendation? Email email@example.com.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.