The following numbers are from the Labor Day No Refusal Initiative that was conducted by the Austin Police Department from Thursday, September 3, 2020 through Monday, September 7, 2020, from 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. each day. During the operational time periods, APD made 37 DWI related arrests.
Total DWI arrests during No Refusal period = 37
- Blood Search Warrants: 20
- Consent Breath Samples: 8
- Consent Blood Samples: 9
Of those arrests, the following number had enhanced DWI charges:
- Consent Breath Samples over .15= 4
- Class A Misd DWI (with prior conviction) = 4
- Felony DWI (2 or more prior convictions) = 1
- Felony DWI Child Passenger = 0
- Intoxication Assault = 0
- Intoxication Manslaughter = 1
- Boating While Intoxicated = 0
The Austin Police Department and the City of Austin Transportation Department are continuously focused on preventing lives from being lost on the streets, highways and waterways of Austin. The department is dedicated to making the roadways and waterways of Austin safe for residents and visitors through education and enforcement.