AUSTIN, TX – The City of Austin Economic Development Department is now accepting applications for the Heritage Grant Program.
The Heritage Grant is aimed at honoring and preserving Austin as a place of personal heritage to promote tourism through the preservation of historic buildings, sites or (contributing) districts. Projects must be at, or in the immediate vicinity of, convention center facilities, or located in areas frequented by tourists and convention delegates. The deadline for online applications is Friday, July 10.
The Heritage Tourism Division supports programs to attract tourists and convention delegates which derive economic, business, and community benefits associated with honoring and preserving Austin as a place of personal heritage.
Eligible Heritage Grant projects include:
- Heritage Capital Projects: Preservation, restoration, and rehabilitation of historic buildings or sites.
- Site-Specific Heritage Tourism Projects: Planning, educational, and marketing related projects that enhance the understanding of significant historic places/events or provide new insight or new perspectives on well documented places/events tied to a historic site. Potential projects could include:
- Digital projects
- Improved preservation and access to special collections and exhibits
- Development of augmented and virtual reality applications or websites
- Audiovisual collections
- Preservation Plans
- Historic nomination/designation fees
- Website improvement
- Exhibit materials
- Tourist marketing materials such as brochures and rack cards
All grants will be made on a competitive basis. Maximum amount for capital projects is up to $250,000 per application.
Complete program guidelines, eligibility requirements, and a link to the online application may be accessed at www.austintexas.gov/heritage-grants.
Deadline to Apply:
July 10, 2020 – 11:59 p.m.
Interested applicants are encouraged to RSVP to attend an upcoming Virtual Information Meeting by visiting: www.AustinEconomicDevelopment.eventbrite.com
Upcoming Virtual Information Sessions:
For more information or to schedule a virtual meeting contact Melissa Alvarado, Heritage Tourism Division Manager at email@example.com or 512-974-7870.
About the City of Austin Economic Development Department
The City of Austin Economic Development Department supports business growth, creative industries, and local communities. These programs build an equitable, sustainable economy to improve the lives of all Austin residents. To learn more about helpful resources, visit www.austintexas.gov/edd and follow @econvitalityatx on Twitter.