The Land Development Code determines how land can be used throughout the city, including what can be built, where it can be built, and how much can (or cannot) be built.
What's happening this week?
Week of 11/11/19 through 11/15/19
• Blog: Staff have released a new blog post on Private Restrictive Covenants, City Zoning Laws, and City Permit Applications to explain how these will be affected under the proposed Code.
• Planning Commission: Planning Commission will conduct special called meetings for discussion and possible action the Land Development Code Revision on Monday, Nov. 11. Planning Commissions regular meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 12 . For the official agenda, please visit the Planning Commission Information Center.
• City Council Work Session: Austin City Council will hold a regular work session on Tuesday, Nov. 12 to discuss the Land Development Code Revision. For the official agenda, please visit the City Council Meeting Information Center.
• Code Draft Hard Copies: A printed copy of the draft Land Development Code will be available in all library locations for in-house use. The draft Code can also be found in the Library’s online catalog for easy retrieval and Library staff will be able to show Austinites how to find information about the code on the the Land Development Code website.
• Office Hours: Nov. 7 - All office hour appointments have been filled. If you were unable to secure an appointment with staff, we encourage you read our FAQ. If you don't see an answer to your question, please use the Submit A Question link.
Stay tuned for more!