Our current studies will follow the FEMA process for revision of floodplain maps.
- Information Gathering: Surveyors and engineers collect information in the field and from construction plans.
- Engineering and Mapping: Engineers and technical staff will then incorporate the new survey data into the current floodplain models to produce draft floodplain maps.
- Stakeholder Meetings: The draft floodplain maps and supporting engineering data are presented to community and stakeholders.
- Production and Distribution of Preliminary Maps: Based on comments received during stakeholder meetings, the City produces preliminary floodplain maps and prepares them for distribution to the community.
- Public Meetings and Appeal Period: The preliminary maps are made available to the public. There will be an opportunity for the public to review and formally appeal the maps.
- Production of Final Maps: Appeals and protests are reviewed and revisions made to the maps if justified.
- Adoption of Revised Maps: Maps are officially adopted by FEMA and the City of Austin.