The City of Austin continually seeks ways to educate producers, applicators, buyers and the general public about high PAH sealants. City of Austin staff:
- Meet with applicators and producers
- Host public meetings with citizens
- Send regulatory and educational mail outs to producers, applicators, apartments, churches, public and private schools, rental car companies, large hardware stores, large food chains, large retailers, management companies, etc.
- Publish scientific papers
- Benchmark data and information with other cities
- Respond to requests for information from citizens and the media
- Create outreach pieces like: Ads in utility bill inserts, brochures, handouts, flyers