We look at a number of factors, including safety and cost. Some questions we ask are:
- What is flooding? Is it a house, a yard or a street that is flooding?
- Are there multiple properties in the same area that are flooding?
- Is there a safe way in and out of the neighborhood during a flood?
- Could improvements to the City’s infrastructure help with this problem? Would increasing the capacity of the storm drain system or raising the roadway help?
- Is there a cost-effective solution?
- Is the problem potentially life threatening?
- Is there a nearby erosion or water quality issue that could also be addressed with a project?
- Is the flooding likely to happen again?