The Low Income Consumer Advisory Task Force will consist of one member from each of the Electric Utility Commission (EUC) and the Resource Management Commission (RMC), appointed by its members, and one appointed by each Council Member.
The Low Income Consumer Advisory Task Force will make recommendations regarding the development, design and implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy programs to meet the demand reduction goals of low income and low-moderate income residential customer programs.
Explore program options for low income and low-moderate income households such as income-sensitive sliding scale initiatives, neighborhood-based energy efficiency programs, low-cost loans, combining community and city resources to effectively deliver programs, program cost-saving measures, and any other alternatives that will improve the effectiveness and cost efficiency of program delivery.
Make recommendations to:
- Identify appropriate funding levels for low-income weatherization programs,
- Develop options for low and low-moderate income customers to be able to participate in renewable generation resources,
- Evaluate air conditioner rebates and other similar programs to ensure the programs are promoting the highest equipment efficiency levels to consumers,
- Evaluate incentives or code changes that could encourage energy efficiency measures in apartment complexes, small rental units and duplexes, and
- Establish a demand reduction goal for low income and low moderate-income households as a percentage of the energy efficiency and demand response goals for 2024.
- Carol Biedrzycki, Chair
- Tim Arndt, Vice Chair
- Dan Pruett
- Cyrus Reed
- Michael Wong (Resource Management Commission Rep.)
- Lanetta Cooper
- Richard Halpin
- Chris Strand
- Karen Hadden (Electric Utility Commission Rep.)
To contact members of the Low Income Consumer Advisory Task Force, please send correspondence to email@example.com.
- First and Third Friday of every month (except in July)
- 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Town Lake Center, 721 Barton Springs Road, Room 100
2015 Meeting Schedule:
- January 9, 2015
- January 16, 2015
- February 6, 2015
- February 20, 2015
- February 27, 2015 - Special Called
- March 6, 2015
- March 13, 2015 - Special Called
- March 27, 2015
- April 10, 2015
- April 17, 2015
- May 1, 2015
- May 15, 2015
- June 1, 2015 - Special Called
- June 5, 2015
- June 19, 2015
- July 17, 2015
- August 7, 2015
- August 14, 2015 - Special Called - begins at 11 a.m.
- August 21, 2015
- September 4, 2015
- September 18, 2015
- September 25, 2015 - Special Called
- Hayden Migl, Austin Energy, 512-482-5305
- Liz Jambor, Austin Energy, 512-322-6353
- Denise Kuehn, Austin Energy, 512-322-6138