The Integrated Water Resource Planning Community Task Force was created to participate in the development of the Integrated Water Resource Plan (IWRP). The IWRP is envisioned to assist in identifying and facilitating opportunities for regional partnerships, technology cost sharing, balanced regional water reliability, and improved drought preparedness. See Resolution No. 20141211-119
The Integrated Water Plan was a foremost recommendation of the 2014 Austin Water Resource Planning Task Force, which was created to evaluate the City's water needs, to examine and make recommendations regarding future water planning, and to evaluate potential water resource management scenarios for Council consideration. See Resolution No. 20140410-033.
The current Water Forward Plan was approved by the Austin City Council in November 2018 and is now in the implementation stage. The next plan update is anticipated to be completed in 2023. To learn more about Water Forward, Austin’s 100-year integrated water resource plan, please visit austintexas.gov/department/water-forward.
- Bill Moriarty - appointed by Mayor Adler
- Vacant - appointed by CM Fuentes
- Hani Michel - appointed by CM Harper-Madison
- Perry Lorenz - appointed by CM Renteria
- Sharlene Leurig - appointed by CM Casar
- Sarah Faust - appointed by CM Kitchen
- Todd Bartee - representing District 6 (CM Kelly)
- Robert Mace- appointed by CM Pool
- Vanessa Puig-Williams - appointed by Paige Ellis
- Jennifer Walker - appointed by CM Tovo
- Diane Kennedy - representing District 10 (CM Alter)
For more information and reminders, sign up for our eNewsletter.
- 3:00 p.m.
- See agenda or contact liaison for meeting location
2021 Meeting Schedule:
- January 12, 2021
- March 2, 2021
- April 14, 2021 - Special Called - Cancelled
- May 4, 2021
- July 13, 2021
- September 7, 2021
- November 2, 2021
- Jaynell Nicholson, Austin Water, (512) 972-0112