Advise the city council on issues relating to the quality of life for the City's African American community and shall recommend programs designed to alleviate any inequities that may confront African Americans in social, economic and vocational pursuits, including; health care; housing, including affordable housing, home ownership and homelessness; entertainment opportunities for professionals and students; employment; and cultural venues, including museums, theaters, art galleries and music venues. See Section 2-1-101 of the City Code for additional duties.
- First Tuesday of the month unless designated otherwise.
- City Hall Room 1027, 301 W. 2nd St. Austin, TX 78701 unless designated otherwise on the agenda.
2020 Meeting Schedule:
- January 7, 2020
- January 17, 2020 - Special Called - Cancelled
- January 28, 2020 - Special Called - Cancelled
- February 4, 2020
- March 3, 2020
- April 7, 2020 - Cancelled
- April 10, 2020 - Special Called
- May 4, 2020 - Special Called
- May 5, 2020
- June 2, 2020 - Cancelled
- July 6, 2020
- July 29, 2020 - Special Called
- August 3, 2020 - Special Called
- August 4, 2020
- September 8, 2020
- October 6, 2020
- November 3, 2020
- December 1, 2020
- Linda Hayes, Economic Development Department, 512-974-6282
- Sylnovia Holt-Rabb, Economic Development Department, 512-974-3131
African American Portrait Project
The Annual African American Portraits Project celebrates contributions of civic leaders who have made a difference in Austin’s African American community. The African American Resource Advisory Commission set guidelines for selection of honorees whose portraits border the mosaic “Reflections” mural at the African American Cultural and Heritage Facility.
Quality of Life
Learn about Austin’s African American Quality of Life Initiative.