In 2011, a team of City of Austin employees overhauled its ten-year-old, 13,000-page jumble of a website in just six months, launching a trimmer, fully content-managed 1,500 page site in Drupal 7.0.
As proud as we are of the new resource, we want to keep pushing. We’re pretty sure we have one of the best municipal websites in the country – the next step is to make it the best government site in the world.
This is where you come in. We need to supplement our team with a Web Content Specialist. We need someone with knowledge, passion and organizational savvy to:
- Work closely with the City’s IT team on new functionality
- Refine departmental websites and website architecture
- Create high-impact web content
- Enforce and create corporate content, accessibility and open data standards
- Break bottlenecks and get stuff done
An ideal candidate has worked closely with an open source content management system, ideally Drupal; approaches web content and architecture in creative ways; and an expert communicator. The successful candidate will play multiple roles on the team, including diplomat, content management system expert and troubleshooter, writer and editor – sometimes all in the same day or project.
Want to know more? Check out our official posting and apply now!