Join us in celebrating another step toward a sustainable future! If you haven’t heard yet, the Household Hazardous Waste Facility and the Resource Recovery Center are merging into one convenient new facility – the Recycling & Reuse Drop-Off Center. The Drop-Off center officially opens Oct. 17 with a grand opening at 2514 Business Center Drive. The family-friendly community celebration is from 10 a.m. to noon and features a press conference, activities for kids, a photo booth, live music, an art display, and booths from local businesses, nonprofits and City departments.
The new facility will make recycling and reuse much easier, especially for things that are a little harder to recycle. Now you can take items to one location instead of making two stops. You can drop off all previously accepted items, including:
- Household hazardous wastes, chemicals and automotive fluids
- Tires and scrap metal
- Electronics and large appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers and dryers
- Large hard plastic items, such as broken patio furniture
- Lightbulbs and batteries
- Brush and yard trimmings
- All single-stream recycling items
There will also be many items available for free pick-up:
- Austin ReBlend paint
- Household cleaners and chemicals
- Automotive fluids
- Fertilizers and pesticides
Until the new Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center opens, the Household Hazardous Waste Facility and Resource Recovery Center will remain open as usual. You can find more information on our website.