On June 20th, 2018, Austin Mayor Steve Adler and Travis County Judge Sara Eckhardt signed the Paris Declaration to end the AIDS epidemic and launched the Fast-Track Cities Initiative. Our Austin/Travis County 2020 Goals are clear:
- 90% of all people living with HIV will know their HIV status
- 90% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection will receive sustained treatment
- 90% of all people receiving treatment will have undetectable viral load
- 50% reduction in new infections
- Ending stigma
Now the real work begins with the implementation of workgroups. The schedule for the first workgroup meetings is below. All meetings will be held at the Rosewood Zaragosa Neighborhood Center Gym (2800 Webberville Road, Austin, 78702).
- Thursday, 8/23/2018, 2:00pm-5:00 pm
- Thursday, 8/30/2018, 2:00pm-5:00pm
For those who are not able to attend the above sessions:
- Evening Session on Wednesday, 9/5/2018, 5:30pm-8pm will discuss and receive comments on all four workgroup plans.
- Weekend Session on Saturday, 9/15/201, 9:30am-12pm will again discuss and receive additional comments on all four workgroup plans.
For more information, send an email to Scott Lyles.