Solicitation Number HIV2018GF
The City of Austin [“City”] seeks responses to this Request for Applications (RFA) from qualified entities [“Applicants”] to provide social services, as described below, to Persons Living with HIV (PLWH) and, within restrictions, to certain targeted populations at increased risk of acquiring HIV.
All individuals served must be residents of the City of Austin full purpose jurisdiction and/or Travis County. Special residency exceptions may be made for clients experiencing homelessness who are present in Austin and/or Travis County.
Applicants may propose services for funding under this solicitation only in the following Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP) Service Categories:
- Early Intervention Services (EIS)
- Housing Services
- Medical Case Management (MCM) Services
- Mental Health Services
- Non-Medical Case Management (NMCM) Services
Proposed services must meet the definitions of eligible services under RWHAP Service Categories, as defined in the RWHAP Policy Clarification Notice #16-02. Additional requirements of, and limitations on, services and activities are described in RFA Form H-3 - Instructions and Scope of Work.
Solicitation Addendum #1, Issued 8/30/18:
Austin Public Health has issued Addendum #1 to Solicitation Number HIV2018GF, Social Services for Persons Living With HIV. This addendum replaces the previously posted Form H-1, Offer Form, by adding a missing item to the checklist on Page 3 of the form. The additional item (Form 0805, Non-Suspension or Debarment Certification) is available from the documents list below, and is required to be included in Envelope #1.
- Questions should be emailed to the Authorized Contact Person listed below.
- Deadline for submission of questions is August 27, 2018 at 5:00 pm CST.
- Final questions and responses will be posted no later than August 31, 2018 at 5:00 pm CST.
The primary purpose of this solicitation is to establish agreements with qualified entities to provide direct services that contribute to success of the Getting To Zero (GTZ) Strategy, a UNAIDS commitment to end the AIDS epidemic by achieving zero deaths, zero new infections, and zero discrimination and stigma by 2030. The City’s commitment to the strategy was formalized by the Mayor’s and County Judge’s signing of the Paris Declaration to join the Fast-Track Cities (FTC) initiative on June 20, 2018.
This solicitation will result in services that achieve one or more of the following objectives:
- Make progress toward the targets of the “90-90-90” strategy associated with GTZ and FTC;
- Provide core and support services to PLWH in the community; and/or
- Improve health outcomes and reduce disparities among targeted subpopulations.
Minimum applicant qualifications:
- Applicants must be nonprofit corporations or governmental entities.
- Applicants must meet all threshold review requirements.
- Applicants must have successful experience providing the proposed or similar services.
- Applicants must have successful experience providing services to the Application's proposed target population(s), or must describe culturally and linguistically appropriate cooperative relationships and/or strategies the Applicant will implement to serve the new target population(s).
- Applicants must have experience working with PLWH and populations at increased risk of acquiring HIV.
Authorized contact person for this solicitation:
Will Thomas, Grants Coordinator, HIV Resources Administration Unit, Austin Public Heath
Applications due: September 10, 2018; 11:00 am CST
Optional pre-proposal conference:
August 7, 2018, 2:00 - 3:00 pm CST
Ruiz Branch Library Meeting Room, 1600 Grove Blvd., Austin, TX 78741
Attendees at the Pre-Proposal Conference
All RFA Documents can be downloaded here:
|H-1||Request for Applications (RFA) Offer Form||.doc||8/1/2018|
|H-2||Application Threshold Checklist||.doc||8/1/2018|
|H-3||Instructions and Scope of Work||.doc||8/1/2018|
|H-5||Program Budget and Narrative||.doc||8/1/2018|
|H-6||Program Staff Positions and Time||.doc||8/1/2018|
|H-7||APH Standard Client Eligibility Requirements||.doc||8/1/2018|
|H-8||City Insurance Requirements||.doc||8/1/2018|
|H-9||Standard Agreement and Modifications Boilerplate||.docx||8/1/2018|
|0800||Non-Discrimination and Non-Retaliation Certification||8/1/2018|
|0805||Non-Suspension or Debarment Certification||8/1/2018|
|0810||Non-Conflict of Interest and Anti-Lobbying Certification||8/1/2018|
|0835||Non-Resident Bidder Provisions||8/1/2018|