Austin Code Department's current outreach initiative shows how a code inspector responds to three kinds of code violations:
- Dangerous Structures
- Housing in Substandard Condition
- Fire-Damaged Buildings
Additional Resources and Tips
The City of Austin offers a variety of programs and initiatives to help keep its citizens safe and sound:
- Neighborhood Housing and Community Development provides resources for renters, homeowners, and more.
- Austin-Travis County EMS conducts free home safety assessments through the Senior Home Safety Program.
- Know what to do before a power outage! Use Austin Energy's outage preparedness checklist to get started.
- Austin Fire Department provides a free smoke alarm to Austin families and seniors that cannot afford them.
- Learn about the eligibility requirements for various Customer Assistance Programs offered by the City of Austin.